How To Produce Comp Reports In ClientLook
In case you missed the big news, ClientLook commercial real estate software recently added a lease and sale comparables module that allows you to track deals in your market in-house. But what fun would that be if we didn’t give you a way to produce attractive presentation quality reports? Fortunately, we’ve got you covered.
Once you have added some comps to your CRM database, it’s easy to get them back out in the form of PDF reports. The first step is to select the comps that you wish to include in your report(s).
From the main comps screen in ClientLook, you can choose to do an advanced search using the link at the upper right part of the screen, or choose from any of the groups you have created to categorize your comps. Once you do your search or select your group, you’ll be presented with a list of the results.
Now it’s time to choose which comps will be included in the report. You can select all of the ones on this list by clicking the “Select all” checkbox in the header area, or individually check off the ones you need. Then click the “Create report” button.
You’ll be presented with 3 choices:
- The brochure report consists of a single page for each comp you selected, with a full page of details. If you have selected 20 comps, you’ll have 20 pages, one for each comp.
- The summary report in portrait orientation puts several comps on a page, with a brief summary of the details of each comp.
- The summary report in landscape orientation is similar to the previously described summary report, but since it’s in landscape there is room for more details.
Once you choose a report, you’ll be prompted to enter a few things:
- Report title: This will appear at the top of your report
- Prepared for: This would be your client’s contact or company name as you wish it to appear on the PDF
- Prepared by: Select the name of one of the account users from the list. Note that only authorized users will appear on this list. You cannot print comps reports for anyone who is not included as a paid user on your account.
Once the report is finished, you will see a link to click on to save and open the report.
Depending on your web browser, you will be prompted for a folder to save the file in and will see a link to the saved document. Clicking it will open your saved report.
You’ll notice on all of the reports that your company logo can be incorporated in the upper right corner. If you haven’t uploaded your logo to your ClientLook account yet, any admin user on your account can do so by clicking on their name in the upper right corner of any ClientLook page, selecting “Setup” then “Account”. There is an “Account logo” option at the bottom of the page.