Jon Smith, ReMax Commercial

An Interview With ClientLook User, Jon Smith

  • Jon Smith is a licensed realtor at ReMax Commercial Brokers in Metairie, Louisiana. Jon’s primary focus is on the acquisition and disposition of multi-family investment properties; however he also has a broad background in retail tenant and landlord representation.

    Jon advises clients on buy/hold decisions across multiple asset classes, consults on retail redevelopment opportunities, and advises parking lot business operations, and he is eager and willing to discuss equity partnership opportunities within those asset classes.

    Learn how Jon is utilizing our commercial real estate CRM software to stay organize and boost his productivity:

  • Jon Smith

    Jon Smith, ReMax Commercial

Can you tell me a little bit about your business? What do you specialize in and what does your day to day schedule look like?

Jon: I am based in New Orleans and the size of our market dictates that all of the brokers out here have to be generalists to some degree. I specialize mostly in multi-family properties, but I also do a large number of retail deals. Our office is a mid-size brokerage firm, so I work as part of a team for about 60% of my deals and complete deals solo for the other 40%.

I am part of The Massimo Group coaching program and based on their suggestions I have rescheduled how I organize my work day. Monday through Friday mornings I set aside for administrative and office tasks, and I use the afternoons for market work.

When did you first start using ClientLook and why did you choose ClientLook?

Jon: I am a relatively new ClientLook user as I just started using it this year. Prior to joining ClientLook, I was keeping my own data base in Hubspot, Excel, and Outlook. I was jumping back and forth between the three programs, so it wasn’t very efficient.

When I started looking for a commercial real estate specific CRM, there were a lot of other programs out there that did a lot of things that I don’t need. ClientLook was the most powerfully organized and it flowed seamlessly with my daily workflow. I have a robust database, and ClientLook is the best CRM out there to manage the workflow of deal structures.

How easy was it to get your data converted into ClientLook?

Jon: Getting my data into ClientLook was effortless! Since I had everything already organized in Excel I was able to save a CSV file and then the ClientLook team handled the import for me. I was up and running that same day!

What problems has ClientLook solved for you? 

Jon: First of all, the Virtual Assistant is worth the price alone! I was spending so much time putting in information, notes, and contacts into my system previously. Now I simply send a picture of a business card with instructions to the Virtual Assistant and it’s done almost instantly. The ClientLook VA team is better, faster, and more proficient than my own office assistant.

In regards to deal flow, I have never seen any other system be more complete! Every call, every note, every detail, the entire deal from top to bottom is so seamless within ClientLook. I like that I can give my clients access to their specific deals; this is a tremendous time saver for me and a huge benefit for my clients.

ClientLook’s deal system is great for managing my pipeline because of the ability to easily put all of my deals into specific custom groups. Before, my pipeline management system was a white board in my office, so this is a huge upgrade.

How would you describe your overall experience with ClientLook?

Jon: My experience with ClientLook has been unbelievable! So many companies out there only want to sign you up for their service, and then they move on to the next prospect. ClientLook really embraces you once you become a client! The after-sales support is unparalleled with any other professional technology product that I have ever used. I appreciate the calls and emails to check in on me to make sure that I am getting the most out of the system. Greg Hoard is a great asset and I always hear his voice saying, “if it doesn’t happen in ClientLook, it didn’t happen.”

What features do you like the most about ClientLook?

Jon: I really like the integrations that ClientLook has with Goggle, Mailchimp, and RPR. With Mailchimp, it makes sense to use this integrated feature since the contact data is already in ClientLook so sending an email blast is easy. Plus, it’s helpful to see who opens the emails and the other analytical data. I also use the iPhone app when I’m out of the office, and it’s a piece of cake to use.

What advice would you give to someone who is looking for a CRM?

Jon: Remember that what works for one broker may not work for another. You need to find a CRM that solves your specific problems and aligns with your workflow. Sign up for webinars and free trials and do your research until you find the right fit.